Re: [GENERAL] postgresql-8.4 error -> BUG - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [GENERAL] postgresql-8.4 error -> BUG
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 8:03 AM, fhaegele <frank.haegele@uni-koeln.de> wrote:
> Additional: if i start postgresql with user postgres then I got the the
> following message:
>
> postgres@delta ~ $ /usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/pg_ctl start
> /usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/pg_ctl: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/pg_ctl: undefined symbol:
> PQconnectionNeedsPassword
>
> Is there a bug?

I'm not sure what this is "additional" to, but I suspect you might be
using binaries from one version of PostgreSQL with shared libraries
from another version.  What happens if you run ldd on
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/pg_ctl?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company