Re: REINDEX takes half a day (and still not complete!) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Claudio Freire
Subject Re: REINDEX takes half a day (and still not complete!)
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:
> Aside from a bug, that's the only reason I can think for a pg backend
> to bail out like that. Well, the connection could have been cut off by
> other means (ie: someone tripped on the cable or something), but lets
> not dwell on those options.

Sorry for the double-post, but I should add, you really should set up
some kind of monitoring, like cacti[0] with snmp or a similar setup,
so you can monitor the state of your server in detail without having
to stare at it.

[0] http://www.cacti.net/