Re: Missing doc for operator args in alter extension - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Missing doc for operator args in alter extension
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Daniele Varrazzo
<daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the documentation for ALTER EXTENSION is missing the description for
> the arguments of the form ADD OPERATOR name (left_type, right_type).
>
> Albeit it's pretty obvious what they are, it is not so obvious what to
> do for unary operators (i.e. replace the type on the missing side with
> NONE).
>
> Patch to fix the doc attached.

I think we might want to make the synopsis, as well as the description
of left_arg and right_arg, match what's on the DROP OPERATOR page.

Thoughts?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company