Re: Need suggestion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Esmin Gracic
Subject Re: Need suggestion
Date
List pgsql-general
*(or files if you organize it that way)*
if the problem was so simple, I guess Carl would not have asked the question in the first place.

there could be one sqlite db file for each day, week or month (1TB over 365 days). Something like partitioning on date dimension.
Actually, sqlite scales well up to 2 TB so it's not so *unwonderfull* idea even using one file per year (especially on XFS file system).

I would use postgres + sqlite as image storing engine.

"...but is must be searchable, and any document must be retrieved within 1 hour..." - this is not bleeding edge requirement, so I would use filesystem if this was 10 sec or something, but having 1 hour timeframe would definitely made me choose db over filesystem.

Esmin.