Re: Postgres 9.0.4 + Hot Standby + FusionIO Drive + Performance => Query failed ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 172226 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Postgres 9.0.4 + Hot Standby + FusionIO Drive + Performance => Query failed ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 172226
Date
In response to Re: Postgres 9.0.4 + Hot Standby + FusionIO Drive + Performance => Query failed ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 172226  (Sethu Prasad <sethuprasad.in@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 3:23 AM, Sethu Prasad <sethuprasad.in@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes it has something to do with Hot Standby, if you omit some parts on the
> archive then the standby instance will not have the necessary stuff and
> complain like this..

If you omit some parts of the archive, it won't start at all.  To get
it to complain like this, you need something more than accidental
misconfiguration.

> I kept the FusionIO drive in my checklist while attending to this issue, as
> we tried it looking for performance combined with read-only hot standby and
> in doubt I thought that the recovery is not successful on this drive safely.
> so I pointed that Fio Drive here.
>
> Straight to say, I missed the pg_clog directory on archive.
>
> seq_page_cost = 1.0
>
> random_page_cost = 1.0
>
> Is the above settings are fine when we deal with Fio and Performance, as I
> have the advice earlier stating that read and write are treated same with
> Fio drives.

I would think more like 0.1 than 1.0.

> Any suggestions on configuration changes to have read-only hot standby
> faster on READs.

effective_io_concurrency?

Adjust OS readahead?

--