Re: smallserial / serial2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Kupershmidt
Subject Re: smallserial / serial2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Brar Piening <brar@gmx.de> wrote:
> I tried to look at everything and cover everthing but please consider that
> this is my first review so please have a second look at it!

I took a look at this as well, and I didn't encounter any problems
either. The patch is surprisingly small, but it looks like all the
documentation spots got covered, and I didn't see any missing pieces;
pg_dump copes fine, I didn't try pg_upgrade but I wouldn't expect
problems there either.

Actually, the one piece I think could be added is a regression test. I
didn't see any existing tests that covered bigserial/serial8, either,
so I went ahead and added a few tests for smallerial and bigserial. I
didn't see the testcases Brar posted at first, or I might have adopted
a few from there, but this should cover basic use of smallserial.

Josh

Attachment