Re: "error with invalid page header" while vacuuming pgbench data - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: "error with invalid page header" while vacuuming pgbench data
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 4:07 PM, John Rouillard <rouilj@renesys.com> wrote:
> Well I am also managing to panic the kernel on some runs as well.  So
> my guess is this is not only a postgres bug (if it's a postgres issue
> at all).
>
> As gregg mentioned in another followup ext4 under centos 5.x may be an
> issue. I'll drop back to ext3 and see if I can replicate the
> corruption or crashes one I rule out some potential hardware issues.

Also do the standard memtest86+ run to ensure your memory isn't bad.
Also do a simple dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/null to make sure the drive
has no errors.  It might be the drives.  Look in your logs again to
make sure.