Re: Fwd: Keywords in pg_hba.conf should be field-specific - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: Fwd: Keywords in pg_hba.conf should be field-specific
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 18 June 2011 13:43, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Is this really a WIP patch?  I'm playing a bit with it currently, seems
> fairly sane.

In this case, the WIP designation is meant to convey "warning: only
casual testing has beeen done".  I tried it out with various
permutations of pg_hba.conf, and it worked as advertised in those
tests, but I have not made any attempt to formulate a more rigorous
testing regimen.

In particular I haven't tested that the more exotic authentication
methods still work properly, and I can't recall whether I tested
recursive file inclusion and group membership.

Is that a wrongful use of the WIP designation?

Cheers,
BJ