Re: BUG #5967: Db maintainace - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: BUG #5967: Db maintainace
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Halli, Savita <Savita.Halli@ca.com> wrote:

> When we need to rum vacuumdb and reindexdb commands, would like to know h=
ow often we need to perform these ooperation? Is it
> once in a week, month or other?

correct answer is: depends on your work load...
if you have a recent version of postgres, better you can do is
configure autovacuum and let it do most of the job... and by a recent
version i mean at least 8.3 (preferable 8.4 or superior)

btw, any new question you have please send it to
pgsql-general@postgresql.org or another one that fits more with the
question from the page Hubert show you

--=20
Jaime Casanova=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=A0 www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte y capacitaci=F3n de PostgreSQL