Re: problem with update data sets from front ends 8.4, Ubuntu 10.04 - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Samuel Gendler
Subject Re: problem with update data sets from front ends 8.4, Ubuntu 10.04
Date
List pgsql-sql

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Dean le Roux <projserve@gmail.com> wrote:
postgres 8.3 to 8.4  Open office base 3.2 Ubuntu 9.04 to 10.04 (new install)

I recently upgraded from Ubuntu 9.04 to Ubuntu 10.04. Security and other
updates have been effected. I used webmin to restore the databases.

Since migrating to Linux around 2006 we were successful in converting our mdb
file to postgresql - only one glitch was a difference in -1 as YES. We
successfully used the systems with open office as a front end for the last few
years. Until now - after the upgrade I can view data but not update data.

Experience with sql is very limited as I have always used sql query builders
over the years. The system has worked well with multiple tables, and in the
past there was no problems with sending sql statements to postgresql.

My problem in OOO 3.2 base (other front ends also) is that there is
continually a problem with not allowing queries to update data back to
postgresql.

I believe something has changed perhaps in sql from 8.3 to 8.4, or I have
missed something with restoring the files.

At minimum, we need to see the update statement that you are attempting to execute, preferably with any error message you receive.