Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 11:44 PM, Selena Deckelmann <selena@chesnok.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>> - Suggest users migrate to GitHub or Sourceforge, depending on their needs.
>>>
>>> - Migrate "core" projects (such as psqlODBC and the press/advocacy
>>> project) to mailing lists in postgresql.org (if required) and to
>>> git.postgresql.org.
>>
>> Is pgpool counted on the "core" projects? I want to use
>> git.postgresql.org as the main pgpool repository if possible.
>>
>> It seems there are lots of "non core" projects including bucard,
>> pgAdmin, plproxy, skytools, slony and so on, BTW.
>
> I think that Dave (or someone else upthread) was using the word
> "family" earlier, which I think fits a bit better than "core".
>
> I consider pgpool family! :)

Yes, me too - but therein lies one of the big problems we'd have to
solve; how do we define "family", and what do we do if someone
disagrees?

I'll just come out with it and state here and now, that as Selena
knows, it should be teal.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com