Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.
Date
Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]

Just FYI, in synthetic pgbench type benchmarks, a 48 core AMD Magny
Cours with LSI HW RAID and 34 15k6 Hard drives scales almost linearly
up to 48 or so threads, getting into the 7000+ tps range.  With SW
RAID it gets into the 5500 tps range.