Re: Logfile - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Logfile
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Nick Raj <nickrajjain@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using contrib/cube code. I am building GIST index on cube data type
> then it leads to a very large size of log file (nearly 220 MB for only 12k
> records).
> While creating index on geometry field with gist gives 1KB size of log file
> for 17 lakh records.
>
> Can someone please tell me how to stop postgres to logged so much data in
> case of cube?

Well, I don't have a clue why it would be writing that many log
messages.  Maybe you should look in the log file and see what those
messages are specifically... with a few more details, someone might be
able to help you out.

Also, this question would be better directed to pgsql-general or pgsql-admin.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company