Question about odbc link to Oracle database from PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Hsien-Wen Chu
Subject Question about odbc link to Oracle database from PostgreSQL
Date
Re: Question about odbc link to Oracle database from PostgreSQL
List pgsql-admin
Dear All

I have a question regarding to odbc link,

I had a PostgreSQL database and an Oracle database, now I have created
a dblink to Oracle database base on odbc link.

in Oracle database, I created a user named ORATEST, and create a table
named TEST as ORATEST user.

SQL> select user_name,score from test;

USER_NAME                 SCORE
-------------------- ----------
kevin                    99
fred                         98

now I have created the database link to Oracle database over odbc link
and get success.

tora=# select odbclink.connect('orcl', 'oratest', 'oratest');
 connect
---------
       1
(1 row)

tora=# select odbclink.connect('DSN=orcl;UID=oratest;PWD=oratest;');
 connect
---------
       2
(1 row)

tora=# select * from odbclink.connections();
 id | connected | dsn  | uid  | pwd  |           connstr
----+-----------+------+------+------+-----------------------------
  1 | t         | orcl | oratest| oratest|
  2 | t         |      |      |      | DSN=orcl;UID=oratest;PWD=oratest;
  3 | f         |      |      |      |
  4 | f         |      |      |      |

but the problem is that I can not execute the SQL execute it.

tora=# select odbclink.query(1, 'SELECT * FROM test') as
result(user_name text,score number);
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "("
LINE 1: ... odbclink.query(1, 'SELECT * FROM test') as result(user_name...
                                                             ^
tora=# select * odbclink.query(1, 'SELECT * FROM test') ;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "odbclink"
LINE 1: select * odbclink.query(1, 'SELECT * FROM test') ;
                 ^
tora=# select * from odbclink.query(2,'SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL');
ERROR:  a column definition list is required for functions returning "record"
LINE 1: select * from odbclink.query(2,'SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL');
                      ^
tora=# select * from odbclink.query(1,'SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL');
ERROR:  a column definition list is required for functions returning "record"
LINE 1: select * from odbclink.query(1,'SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL');
                      ^
tora=#

does anyone mind to give me hint?

a big thanks