Re: the big picture for index-only scans - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: the big picture for index-only scans
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Cédric Villemain
<cedric.villemain.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will you be able to do some ? or can you propose a simple process to
> do efficient benchmark of the patch ?

I will probably do some benchmarking at some point, unless someone
else goes nuts and makes it moot before I get to that point.  I think
the main thing is to just apply the patch and beat up the server, and
see if it's any slower than it was before.

> If reviewers agree it is safe and benchmarks make evidences that no
> basic performance  issue are raised, then let's see if next items have
> blockers or can be done.

Sounds right to me.

--
Robert Haas