Re: PL/PGSQL - dynamic variable names - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben Carbery
Subject Re: PL/PGSQL - dynamic variable names
Date
Re: PL/PGSQL - dynamic variable names  (Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general

Hm, "a" isn't a variable,it's the value of stuff[1].

It's both..

DECLARE
    a integer;
    b integer;

The point is I want a dynamically named variable. Here I've named them the same as stuff[i] but they can be anything provided it is a different variable name on each loop iteration. The manual is not entirely clear on where loop variable substitution does and does not apply with FOR.

Did you try
declaring a,b,c,d as the return type of the respective functions?

How would this help?