Re: Postgres service refuses to start on windows - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Swierczek
Subject Re: Postgres service refuses to start on windows
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 2:39 AM, Roman Isitua <romanisitua@yahoo.com> wrote:
hello !

I having an issue with my postgres database installed on a windows xp. For some reason, I can no longer start the postgres service through pgadmin or the services window. I get the following error:
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Any ideas ?

Roman.

Sometimes the PostgreSQL logs for the current day have useful error messages.   If you did a regular install, they're probably in "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\(your version - probably 8.3, 8.4, or 9.0)\data\pg_log".  You may be able to figure out what is broken from that.  If you can't decipher the message and can't find anything on a web search, post it here and I'm sure someone will know what is going on.   Good luck.

-Mike