Re: Where's my event? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Where's my event?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> I recently posted an Event to postgresql.org, but it has not appeared.
>>
>> I've got no way of checking that the posting is actually in a queue
>> somewhere, so its possible that a problem occurred and the posting did
>> not take place.
>>
>> If it is on a queue, how do we check whether someone is actually moderating it?
>
> Ask here. I've approved it now.
>
>> Seems like a general case problem as well as a specific one.
>
> Yes, it's a problem I complain about regularly. iirc Greg Smith was
> the last volunteer who was going to ensure everything got dealt with.

I'm told that the policy was to not approve submissions from the
moderator's own company.

I like that policy and wish to support it. But it does need at least 2
active participants. Do we have that?
Adding manpower is a solvable problem, but only with the right authority.

Seems strange to have to fill out a form, then send an email each time.