Re: White paper on very big databases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From decibel
Subject Re: White paper on very big databases
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Feb 4, 2009, at 3:20 AM, Jean-Paul Argudo wrote:
> The study has to be based on real usecases, so, the first thing is
> that
> every usecase may become of public knowledge. So I don't want someone
> telling me "we have 5 Tb here, we do it this way.. but shhh don't tell
> my name". This will not work, because detractors may say everything in
> the study is wrong, false and pro-PostgreSQL...

Our largest database is currently at 850GB (yeah, not quite 1TB ;P),
but it's also OLTP. It's been a *long* time since I've looked, but
I'm pretty sure it's doing on the order of 100TPS. I also rather
doubt that the company would have an issue doing a case study.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org