Re: Question about Encoding a Custom Type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Question about Encoding a Custom Type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jun 16, 2008, at 02:52, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> The only odd thing I see is the use of PG_ARGS to pass the arguments
> citextcmp. But I can't see why it would break either. Can you attach a
> debugger and see where it goes wrong?

Yes, I can do that, although I'm pretty new to C (let alone gdb), so
I'm not sure exactly how to go about it. I'll try to get on IRC later
today to see if anyone can help me along.

> As to the comment about freeing stuff, it's usually nice if btree
> comparison functions free memory because that way index rebuilds on
> large tables don't run you out of memory.

Thanks. I'll add that to my list.

Best,

David