Create View from command line - Mailing list pgsql-general

From OisinJK
Subject Create View from command line
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi

I’m trying to build a Windows Form application that needs to alter the definition of a View, depending on user input/selection. Essentially, the user is selecting a property of known coordinates (‘x’,’y’) and setting a ‘buffer’ distance . I then want to retrieve the records which represent the map features within the specified distance of the property. The WHERE clause of my view is:

st_dwithin(mytable.geom, st_setsrid(st_point(x, y), 27700), buffer);

I’m thinking this could be achieved either by making x, y and buffer parameters or, I simply ALTER the View statement  with literal values. Whichever, I need to do this from a command line attached to a windows form event, e.g. button_click.

I cannot work out how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I’ve looked at psql.exe, but can’t work out if this holds the answer.

Thanks

Oisin