Re: plpgsql raise - parameters can be expressions - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: plpgsql raise - parameters can be expressions
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Jun 13, 2005, at 2:07 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

>     I did trivial patch which eliminate limit raise command. Using
> expressions instead of variables are a little bit expensive, but
> little.

I'm right in thinking this essentially does the same thing as first
assigning the value of the expression to a variable and then using
the variable in the RAISE statement, correct? This patch just
eliminates the step of assigning the value of the expression to the
variable? If so, I'd expect the cost to be in line with the cost of
explicitly assigning to a variable.

Definitely nifty!

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com