Re: Logical replication with temporary tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: Logical replication with temporary tables
Date
List pgsql-general

> On Jul 2, 2024, at 18:16, Stuart Campbell <stuart.campbell@ridewithvia.com> wrote:
>
> My understanding was that under the hood, AWS uses the logical replication features that are present in community
Postgres.If that's incorrect then I'm sorry for the off-topic post.

Yes, but: The idea of a "degraded" replication is an AWS thing, so it's hard to say what does or does not cause that
stateto occur without access to proprietary AWS code.

> Maybe my question can be re-summarised as: do DDL operations on temporary tables necessarily have to be written to
theWAL? Is there a way to avoid that?

Yes, they do (because they involve catalog changes that need to be WAL-logged), and there is no way of avoiding that in
currentversions of PostgreSQL.