Building multiple indexes on one table. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Chris Ruprecht
Subject Building multiple indexes on one table.
Date
List pgsql-performance
Is there any way that I can build multiple indexes on one table without having to scan the table multiple times? For
smalltables, that's probably not an issue, but if I have a 500 GB table that I need to create 6 indexes on, I don't
wantto read that table 6 times.
Nothing I could find in the manual other than reindex, but that's not helping, since it only rebuilds indexes that are
alreadythere and I don't know if that reads the table once or multiple times. If I could create indexes inactive and
thenrun reindex, which then reads the table once, I would have a solution. But that doesn't seem to exist either.

best regards,
chris
--
chris ruprecht
database grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre