Database Consultant Wanted Immediately - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Charles Lee
Subject Database Consultant Wanted Immediately
Date
List pgsql-jobs
Hi all,

Some of you know us already.  Hyperic is a young company located in San Francisco.  Our Hyperic HQ product is a next-generation systems management software with Postgres embedded in the distribution.  The software continuously collects a large amount of data that is constantly being accessed for both reading and writing.  Currently, the database is being accessed as a datasource in JBoss through JDBC.  The amount of data being stored is directly proportional to the number of systems under management.  We are looking for someone with intimate knowledge of Postgres to consult for 3-4 weeks (with possibility of extension) for the following tasks:

  1. Scalability – the database needs to scale up to manage many more systems than our current capacity.  The consultant needs to work application developers to analyze the schema, queries, and configuration (Postgres and JBoss) for optimizations.
  2. Efficiency – improve the database schema for the dataset for both space and speed.
  3. Clustering – architect clustering to the product for two purposes:
    a. Failover.
    b. Multiple instances running in discrete locations but have access to the same data.
  4. Customer installation – provide onsite support for customers with large-scale rollouts of the product.

Familiarity with datasets in the multi-GB range is a must, and knowledge of Oracle database and Java is a plus.  If you have the required skills and availability, please contact Hyperic at clee@hyperic.net, principles only please.  We will compensate at or above the market rate depending on your skill set.  You must be able to travel to San Francisco.  The earlier you can begin your engagement with us the better.  Thank you very much!

Charles Lee