Pgadmin 1.14 taking enormous amounts of CPU when SQL button clicked (OSX) - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Doug Easterbrook
Subject Pgadmin 1.14 taking enormous amounts of CPU when SQL button clicked (OSX)
Date
List pgadmin-support
hi there:

hoping somebody can assist as it seems that pg-admin has stopped working on my OS-X macbook pro.

I upgraded from postgres 9.0 to 9.1 a week ago and that brings the latest pgadmin.  Everything was fine for the week and even for the majority of this morning.

Then, I decided to remove the old server entry for 9.0 on my preferences (and they wouldn't go away), so then I just threw out the preference file, hoping it would recreate it again (it did).

Now, when I go into pgadmin, all is seemingly well and I can see the servers and view the server stats from the tools menu.  I can back up a database.  I can restore one and create one.  I can run the 'grid' tool to display data for a selected table.  I can edit the pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf files.

however, when I try to start the 'SQL' window, the process 'syslogd' jumps to 100% of the CPU and pgadmin is permanently hung.    I've tried to reinstall pgadmin to no avail.

When I look at the system log using 'console', I see hundreds of messages generated that look like below that start when I click the 'SQL' button.    It makes me think that perhaps it is trying to parse out the prior list of queries that don't exist any more.

11/5/11 2:27:21 PM [0x0-0x2f02f].org.postgresql.pgadmin[429] Unimplemented block at xmlreader.c:1779
11/5/11 2:27:30 PM [0x0-0x2f02f].org.postgresql.pgadmin[429] *** process 429 exceeded 500 log message per second limit  -  remaining messages this second discarded ***

any ideas.   I'm stuck and prevented from using the query tool in pgadmin untile it is resolve

Doug Easterbrook
Arts Management Systems Ltd.
Phone (403) 536-1205    Fax (403) 536-1210