Re: What's up with EnterpriseDB? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Mlodgenski
Subject Re: What's up with EnterpriseDB?
Date
List pgsql-general
Once the flood gates of new features are opened up for 8.2, we'd be happy to submit a patch for anonymous blocks. Also, if there are other features we've added that makes since to roll back, let us know and we could submit that as well.
Thanks,
  Jim
-----------------
Jim Mlodgenski
Sr. Architect

From: David Fetter <david@fetter.org>
Date: Aug 10, 2005 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] What's up with EnterpriseDB?
To: "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>
Cc: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com>, pgsql-general@postgresql.org

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 03:42:59PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Tony Caduto wrote:
> >I saw their announment today and they said they have Oracle
> >compatiblility.
> >
> >What exactly does this mean?  They don't go into any details.  Did
> >they implement a Oracle compatible proc language or something?
>
> I don't know the full details but my understanding is they
> implemented things like IN/OUT parameters and a superset of pl/SQL.

I spoke with them today at LWE/SF.  They have a subset of PL/SQL (no
packages yet, but they're working on it for A Really Big Client) and
are able to do in-line anonymous PL/SQL blocks.  I'm hoping we can
talk them into helping us do in-line anonymous PL/Foo based on what
they've done for this. :)

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend