Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Netapp SnapCenter - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Förster
Subject Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Netapp SnapCenter
Date
Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Netapp SnapCenter  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Ken,

> On 25. Jun, 2020, at 17:15, Wolff, Ken L <ken.l.wolff@lmco.com> wrote:
> There's actually a lot of good stuff in that document about Postgres in general.  I'd be curious to hear what
everyonethinks, though, and specifically about what NetApp recommends in Section 3.3 about putting data and WAL on
separatevolumes, which I believe contradicts what's been discussed in this email thread.

yes, I've read the part about different volumes and I must say, I don't agree because I think it violates atomicity.

Archived WAL is another thing, but PGDATA and pg_wal should IMHO always be located on the same volume, along with
tablespaces,if any.

Cheers,
Paul