Re: mid 2007 "best bang for the buck" hardware opinions - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: mid 2007 "best bang for the buck" hardware opinions
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Aug 8, 2007, at 11:34 PM, justin wrote:

> So whats the thoughts on a current combined rack/disks/cpu combo
> around the $10k-$15k point, currently?

I just put into production testing this setup:

SunFire X4100M2 (2x Opteron Dual core) with 20Gb RAM and an LSI PCI-e
dual-channel 4Gb Fibre channel adapter, connected to Partners Data
Systems' Triton 16FA4 RAID array.  The Triton array consists of 16
SATA drives and connects out to 4Gb fibre channel.  I run FreeBSD 6.2
on it.

It is very fast. ;-)

It cost a bit over $20k.