Re: restoring dum fast on one machine much slower on others - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Johannes Lochmann
Subject Re: restoring dum fast on one machine much slower on others
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Robert,

maybe different disk io systems? SSD vs. rotating rust? RAID vs. single spinning disk? Different disk caching behavior?
Differentcommand lines? fsync turned off on the fast box, maybe (please don't...)?

HTH

Johannes Lochmann

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] Im Auftrag von robert rottermann
Gesendet: Thursday, 17 November, 2016 8:19 AM
An: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Betreff: [ADMIN] restoring dum fast on one machine much slower on others

Hi there,
I run several Ubuntu boxes (at home, office, laptop ..) at on box restoring a dump from a live server takes some 10
sec,on all other it takes minutes.

Just now I run Ubuntu 16.04 on all boxes, but this behaviour was the same with older versions.
I did compare all files in /etc/postgresql/9.5/main/* They show no differences.

What could be the reason for this behaviour.
As I use this several times a day, I much prefer that faster load :)

thanks for your help
robert