Re: Out of Memory errors while running pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Erik Jones
Subject Re: Out of Memory errors while running pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
On Feb 4, 2008, at 1:27 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> We'd need to see more details to really give decent advice.  Exactly
> what queries and exactly what was the error message (in particular
> I'm wondering how large the failed request was)?  Which PG version?
> Can you get the memory context dump out of the postmaster log?

Sure.  I've attached an archive with the full memory context and
error for each.  Note that I'm already 99% sure that this is due to
our exorbitantly large relation set which is why I think pg_dump's
catalog queries are running out of work_mem (currently at just over
32MB).

Erik Jones

DBA | Emma®
erik@myemma.com