Re: upgrading postgresql cluster(3 nodes) to v10 without DOWNTIME - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From John Scalia
Subject Re: upgrading postgresql cluster(3 nodes) to v10 without DOWNTIME
Date
List pgsql-admin
You can do this with the pglogical extension. I asked a similar question about a week ago.
—
Jay

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 11, 2018, at 10:38 AM, Mariel Cherkassky <mariel.cherkassky@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have in my company 3 postgresql nodes(v9.6) that are configured as one primary and 2 slaves. The repmgr tool is
reponsiblefor the replication. I want to upgrade all the nodes to version 10.4. I know that PostgreSQL doesnt support
streamingreplication between different major versions. Did someone try this kind of upgrade without having any downtime
?