Re: Patch: psql \whoami option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Christensen
Subject Re: Patch: psql \whoami option
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jan 27, 2010, at 5:23 AM, Martin Atukunda wrote:

> How about using the psql prompt to convey this information? IIRC the
> psql prompt can be configured to show the hostname, server, port and
> other fields. Wouldn't this be enough? or am I missing something?

Prompt customization is certainly something that could be done (and I
use in my .psqlrc), but consider someone unaware of the psql prompt
customization or people who are not using their own setup/account,
etc.  This is a command that could be useful for anyone; as experts,
we tend to miss some of the holes in the current interfaces.

Regards,

David
--
David Christensen