Re: Problems running PostgreSQL on Windows XP - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Problems running PostgreSQL on Windows XP
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Please post to pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org rather than sending private mail.

It sounds like you are not running the ipc-daemon - details are in the readme...

Regards, Dave.
-----Original Message-----
From: David Pinelo [mailto:dpinelo@supercable.es]
Sent: 19 April 2002 11:20
To: dpage@vale-housing.co.uk
Subject: Problems running PostgreSQL on Windows XP

Hi!

I've read one mail on pgsql-cygwin mailing list, where you saye that you were able to tun postgresql on a Windows XP machine. I have Windows XP Home Edition, and I were able to run cygwin on that, but when I try to initalize postgresql (first time) with initdb, system halts on "creating template1 database...". I think it's an user problems, because I'm running Cygwin with an administrator user, but if I create a new user (with a limited account) called Postgres, Cywing thinks that this user is "Administrator". Do you have any problem with this? Do you use Windows XP Professional?

Thank you very much.