Re: Community IRC - Other Related - PostGIS out-of-date - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Community IRC - Other Related - PostGIS out-of-date
Date
List pgsql-www
> On 9 Aug 2021, at 11:41, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe it would be useful to update the 'Other Related'-section of
> the PostgreSQL website to not link to (now) unaffiliated channels.

Another suggestion would be to remove the "Other PostgreSQL Related Channels on
other IRC networks" section altogether.  It's a pretty small list as is, and
keeping the section means that we're on the hook to maintain it (as we've
apparently failed to do given that the postgis site was changed 2 months ago,
and the recent page reordering removed long-since dead channel links).  I don't
have strong feelings, but seems worth to discuss at least.

If we are keeping it we should of course keep it up to date, the attached 0002
does that.  It does however link to the matrix channel as well since that's the
primary instance.

When looking at this I realized that the three lists of channels are using
three different formats for listing channels, 0001 unifies this by making them
all look the same.

Attachment