While converting the Master to Standby , FATAL: timeline 2 of the primary does not match recovery target timeline 1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nithya Rajendran
Subject While converting the Master to Standby , FATAL: timeline 2 of the primary does not match recovery target timeline 1
Date
Responses Re: While converting the Master to Standby , FATAL: timeline 2 of the primary does not match recovery target timeline 1  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-general

Hi,

We are doing Master/Standby setup, We unplugged the master server, then the standby server became the master (by creating trigger file).

While converting the old master to new slave server, We are getting the following error in old master,

FATAL:  the database system is starting up

FATAL:  the database system is starting up

FATAL:  timeline 2 of the primary does not match recovery target timeline 1

FATAL:  the database system is starting up

FATAL:  the database system is starting up

In new Master Machine the log is as follows,

LOG:  selected new timeline ID: 2

LOG:  archive recovery complete

LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections

LOG:  autovacuum launcher started

LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

Could anyone please help on this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Nithya R

::DISCLAIMER::