Re: Postgresql 9.0 and desktop heap and Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Postgresql 9.0 and desktop heap and Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 01:29, Heine Ferreira <heine.ferreira@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does Postgresql 9.0 still have the problem with the desktop heap on windows?
> I know you can extend the desktop heap on windows but Microsoft says on
> their web site you musn't extend it beyond 20K.
> That allows for about 300 connections on a windows server.
> I see there is now also a 64 bit windows version.
> Does Postgresql 9.0 still run on Windows 2000 Server?

Yes, I believe it should.

However, do remember that Microsoft no longer have even extended
support for Windows 2000.

> On which 64 bit versions of Windows can it run?

Any x64 version should work fine. No support for Itanium if you happen
to have one of those old versions.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/