Re: [GENERAL] pg_filedump binary for CentOS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: [GENERAL] pg_filedump binary for CentOS
Date
Re: [GENERAL] pg_filedump binary for CentOS
Re: [GENERAL] pg_filedump binary for CentOS
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Should we consider moving pg_filedump into our /contrib?
>
> Can't: it's GPL.

I don't particularly see a problem with having GPL'd contrib modules.
It would mean any users hoping to redistribute the package couldn't
include those modules except under the GPL. But most repackagers don't
include the contrib modules anyways. Even ones that do and want to
include those modules would only have to include the source to that
module.

I can see not wanting to let that camel's nose in for fear of having
packagers always be uncertain about the status of each contrib module
though.

--
greg