Re: Subqueries in Graphical Query Builder? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Forrest Cahoon
Subject Re: Subqueries in Graphical Query Builder?
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 19/05/2010 18:21, Forrest Cahoon a écrit :
>> I find myself using the Graphical Query Builder more and more, but the
>> one thing I wish it had is support for subqueries.  Are there any
>> plans to add that feature?
>>

> Nope. AFAICT, there are no plans on the GQB right now. Moreover I don't
> see how we could do that (in a UI way, I mean).

Here's how I thought it might work:

When you go to the criteria tab and click the "+" button, you get a
Set Value dialog box which comes up. Currently this gives you a tree
view of the tables you've joined, from which you can select a column.
A subquery button could be added to that dialog, which would bring up
a new query builder window (or create another tab at the top along
with "SQL Editor" and "Graphical Query Builder");

I'm sure there are a lot of details which would have to be worked out, though.

Forrest