A few [Python] tools for postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matt Harrison
Subject A few [Python] tools for postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Hey Folks-

I've got 2 projects out that I'm finding useful, so I thought I'd share with the wider postgres community.

The first is PgPartition [0].  This (python) tool eliminates the monotony of dealing with partitions.  It generates SQL to create/index/remove/alter partitions.

The second is PgTweak [1].  This is a somewhat nascent (also python) project, but I hope for it to be more useful.  The main idea is to try out different setting combinations and to see what effect they have on query performance.  It does this right now.  I'd like for it to analyze the EXPLAIN ANALYZE output and make somewhat intelligent suggestions.

Any feedback is appreciated.  Hopefully these tools are useful to others.  I'll be at PgWest this week, if anyone wants to discuss these (or pgtune, or python,  etc)

cheers,

matt

http://panela.blog-city.com/

0 - http://github.com/mattharrison/PgPartition