Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Kreen
Subject Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 1:04 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I'll be happy if you do, but why haven't I haven't noticed, say, RedHat
>> taking this line?
>
> Less narrow-minded interpretation of GPL requirements, perhaps.
> (And yes, we have real lawyers on staff considering these issues.)

FYI, seems Fedora has been actively trying to move away from OpenSSL
for some time now:
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CryptoConsolidationEval https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraCryptoConsolidation

Main arguments are FIPS and single-cert-store, but in the evaluation
of NSS vs. OpenSSL I think license issues have at least some impact.

--
marko