Re: Useless sort by - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Useless sort by
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 7:51 AM,  <gnuoytr@rcn.com> wrote:
> Not insulting, just amused bemusement.  PG portrays itself as the best OS database, which it may well be.  But it
doesso by stressing the row-by-agonizing-row approach to data.  In other words, as just a record paradigm filestore for
COBOL/java/Ccoders.  I was expecting more Relational oomph.  As Dr. Codd says:  "A Relational Model of Data for Large
SharedData Banks".  Less code, more data.

So what, exactly, would give pgsql more relationally "oomph"?

Your assertion feels pretty hand wavy right now.