Re: Wiki clarification - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: Wiki clarification
Date
List pgsql-www
On 27 February 2011 08:09, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:
> Not sure why the wiki can't have it as well. It's not like there is a
> limit on the number of pages. Also, would this apply only to
> *commercial* third-party software? Because we have things like this:

> In short, I'd like to see more on the wiki, commerical or no, I think we're
> a mature enough community to be able to self-police any blatant commercial
> abuse of the wiki.

For what it's worth, guys, it would be trivially easy to create a
little boilerplate-style wiki template that says "This page describes
a commerical product, and does not necessarily reflect a view or
endorsement by the PostgreSQL community", or whatever other wording
that might help to allay concerns.  It's then just a matter of
mandating that these commercial pages include the template.

From my own point of view, I'm not even sure what a "commercial abuse"
of the wiki would consist of.  If a company wants to
advertise/brag/hype/promote a product which is based on Postgres on
the wiki, how is that a detriment to the project, exactly?

Cheers,
BJ