Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Exit from base backups when shutdown is requested - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Exit from base backups when shutdown is requested
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 13:16, Heikki Linnakangas
> On 14.01.2011 14:10, Simon Riggs wrote:
>>
>> Please make that the last commit in this area for next week.
>>
>> I want to get a base from which to solidify the sync rep code, and
>> associated patches.
>>
>> I'm not saying there will be a code clash, but there may be a clash of
>> detail or intention that will make life more difficult for testing.
>
> I'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way. There's at least one serious bug in
> there still
> (http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4D302326.1000000@enterprisedb.com),
> and the multiple-concurrent-backups patch is pending review/commit. And
> there's one more feature me & Magnus would like to get in before the
> release: including all the WAL files required to restore from the backup in
> the backup tar itself - we'll see if that makes the release or not.

There's one more before that, which is the walsender parser patch. I
intend to get that in RSN, but the "include all wal files" will be a
while, though, I don't think either of us has started that one?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/