Re: CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpythonu on windows, with EDB's 8.4.2 installer causes error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpythonu on windows, with EDB's 8.4.2 installer causes error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Sim Zacks <sim@compulab.co.il> wrote:
> Postgresql 8.4 on windows (stackbuilder install) is compiled against
> Python 2.6, it is probably looking for the dll python26.dll and can't
> find it.
> To get it to work, you need to  install python 2.6.

Correct. We use the ActiveState distros of Python, Perl and TCL on
Windows (and on the Linux builds from 9.0), but others should work
too, provided they're the correct major version.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company