Re: seg fault crashed the postmaster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gordon Shannon
Subject Re: seg fault crashed the postmaster
Date
List pgsql-general
I'd love to send you a stack trace. Any suggestions on how to get one?  It has since happened again, on the same update command, so I'm guessing I can repeat it.

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Tom Lane-2 [via PostgreSQL] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gordon Shannon <[hidden email]> writes:
> Running Centos, just upgraded our production db from 8.4.4 to 9.0.2 last
> night.  About 20 hours later, an update statement seg faulted and crashed
> the server. This is a typical update that has worked fine for a long time.

Could we see a stack trace from that?  Or at least a self-contained
test case?