Re: libpq documentation cleanups (repost 3) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dmitriy Igrishin
Subject Re: libpq documentation cleanups (repost 3)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

2011/1/12 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> The attached patch is a collection of libpq documentation cleanups
> recommended in a list of changes emailed to me by Leslie S Satenstein.
>
> Leslie found a number of places our libpq documentation that were unclear
> or awkward, and this diff generated by me attempts to address them.
>
> I have already updated the documentation proofreading wiki:
>
>        http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Documentation_Proofreading

I don't think changing "see below" to "refer below" or "call" to
"execute" is an improvement; even if we did that uniformly throughout
our documentation, surely future editors are going to reuse those
phrasings.

A lot of these other changes look pretty dubious too, although some
seem worthwhile.
I propose to change "backend server" to "backend" or "server.
Robert, you mentioned that "backend server" phrase is suggest
interchangeability of "backend" or "server" but there is no term
"backend server".

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company