Re: 8.3.5: Types with typnamespace pointing at non-existent pg_namespace oid - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Farina
Subject Re: 8.3.5: Types with typnamespace pointing at non-existent pg_namespace oid
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:43 PM, Daniel Farina <daniel@heroku.com> wrote:
> A medium-length story short, this query returns non-zero:
>
> select count(distinct typnamespace) from pg_type where =A0not exists
> (select 1 from pg_namespace where oid =3D pg_type.typnamespace);
>
> I did a very brief search in all the release notes for 8.3.5 to
> 8.3.14, but have not found precisely what I was looking for (searches
> for namespace, schema, type, and corruption).

It may also be useful information to know that no recent shenanigans
have happened on this server: it's been up continuously for about 500
days. That doesn't mean something interesting did not occur a very
long time ago, and I'm currently asking around for any notes about
interesting things that have occurred on this machine.

--=20
fdr