Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement
Date
Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 02:42, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 17:22 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> > "The PostgreSQL Global Development Team is proud to announce the release
>> > of version 9.0. "
>> >
>> > Maybe "PostgreSQL 9.0" instead of "version 9.0"?
>>
>> Yeah, tried that too, it seemed repetitive.  You don't think so?
>
> O.k. this may not fly but:
>
> The PostgreSQL Global Development Group (that is who we are, not team)
> is proud to announce the release of 9.

Can we please *not* call it 9, but stick to 9.0?

We have enough people talking about PostgreSQL 7 and PostgreSQL 8 not
knowing that 8.0 and 8.4 are quite significantly different products
already. We don't need to encourage *more* of that.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/