Re: 8.4 Data Not Compatible with 9.0.1 Upgrade? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos Mennens
Subject Re: 8.4 Data Not Compatible with 9.0.1 Upgrade?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> wrote:
> To clarify my earlier comments, if you're going to use pg_upgrade, you
> probably won't need to downgrade to 8.4.  My comments about putting
> 8.4 back on would have be necessary if you were going to go the old
> dump/restore route.

I've already downgraded / dumped the databases and upgraded to the
latest version. I was then going to create the new databases however I
can't connect because of the invalid data error:

I guess I'm just missing something here...I didn't choose to go with
the 'pg_upgrade' script simply because I wasn't aware of it's location
and was worried it would dork up my data so I reverted back to 8.4.4-6
and got a clean backup of my databases. So is there nothing I can do
from my position now?